FOSTER'S SEAMLESS GUTTER CARE
WHY ARE GUTTERS SO IMPORTANT TO MY HOUSE?
Most homeowners don't spend a lot of time thinking about their gutters, but understanding their importance may prevent costly home repair bills in the future.
Gutters funnel water off of the roof and away from your home, which protects your siding, windows, doors and foundation from water damage. While that sounds important, many homeowners don't realize how much damage can occur when their gutters are clogged, leaking, or broken. When gutters aren't functioning properly, rainwater runs off the roof of the house and collects on the ground near the foundation. Heavy rains can result in standing pools of water, which can cause a multitude of problems.
Gutters protect your home from:
• Home and basement flooding
• Cracked/damaged foundation
• Infestations - Mosquitoes and other insects breed in standing water
• Mold - overflowing gutters create an environment for mold to flourish in crawlspaces and basements
• Erosion: Topsoil protects the foundation of your home. If water is not correctly diverted away from your home the topsoil will erode and leave your foundation vulnerable.
• Staining to the exterior of your home fascia, soffit, wood framing and outside walls as well as decks, patios, driveways and walkways
• Paint damage
• Rotting/Rusting of exterior building products
• Damage to landscaping ? fungi can damage or kill your flowers and trees
If the list sounds somewhat dramatic, remember that you don't have to live in an area that experiences extreme weather conditions to suffer the effects of clogged or damaged gutters. Consider this startling fact: experts estimate that one inch of rain on an average sized house roof creates about 500 gallons of rainwater runoff. Now think back to the last rainfall in your area. One inch of rain doesn't seem like much — imagine the volume of water hitting your roof in a heavy rainstorm! I bet you are thinking about your gutters now!
Call today to schedule an appointment. 902-456-7920